It smells like mulch out there today. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I love the smell of the stuff — it reminds me that things are growing again and that soon – very soon — all will be very green and greatly verdant.
Marinated cucumbers with feta
- 2 medium cucumbers (chopped)
- 2-3 ounces of reduced fat feta (crumbled)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (plus more to serve)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss together well. Refrigerate for several hours and then serve with greens or warm pita. Drizzle with more olive oil if desired.
Adapted from Leaf Parade