Looking for a new breakfast item to mix in with your morning routine? Check out the Mango, Avocado, and Red Quinoa recipe, a guilt free breakfast dish.
Mango, Avocado, and Red Quinoa
- 3 big or 6 small ripe mangoes
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup uncooked red quinoa
- ½ cup fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and cubed)
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon salt + pinch of salt (for cooking quinoa)
- Place the quinoa in a fine-mash strainer and rinse under running water until the water turns clear. This should take around 3 minutes.
- Place water, red quinoa and a pinch of salt in a pot. Bring it to a boil, lower the heat, put the lid on and cook until all the water is absorbed, 12-15 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and place a paper towel between the pot and the lid. Let it cool.
- Place cooled quinoa in a big bowl and mix it with all the other ingredients.
- Season to taste.
Adapted from Fool Proof Living