Low Fat, Light and Fluffy Chocolate Raspberry Mousse for Two
Low Fat, Super Light and Fluffy Chocolate Raspberry Mousse
- 1 cup Chobani non-fat (plain Greek yogurt (room temperature))
- 1/4 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons Dark or dutch process cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries (defrosted and drained from juice)
- 2 large egg whites (room temperature)
- 2-3 Nunaturals stevia packets
- If your yogurt is not at room temp, put it in the microwave in 30 second increments until it is no longer chilly to the touch.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips in 15 second increments until melted and smooth. NOTE: Be sure to stir
- the chips after each increment to keep the chocolate from burning.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the greek yogurt until well blended. Sift the cocoa powder over the yogurt, stirring well to combine.
- Make sure to squeeze as much juice from the raspberries as you can, then stir them into the chocolate yogurt mixture. Set aside.
- If your eggs are not at room temp, heat the them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Separate the whites from the yolks and add to a
- heat safe glass bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pan of water, raise the heat to a simmer, add the stevia to the egg whites, and whisk constantly until the eggs
- turn opaque and reach a very soft peak.
- Immediately transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer (or use a hand one) and beat over medium speed until the whites reach a stiff peak. NOTE: Use Google images to help you get a better idea of what the peaks should look like. This helped me a lot!
- Very, very gently fold the egg whites into the greek yogurt mixture until well blended. Do not over mix or stir to hard or you will lose the fluffiness of the peaks!
- Divide the mixture into two small glasses, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 3 hours to set.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
Adapted from Slimpickinskitchen