“This is a delicious lentil salad, that keeps very well in the refrigerator.”
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped parsnip
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- To prepare vinaigrette, combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Set aside.
- To prepare the salad, cook the parsnip and carrot in 6 cups boiling water for 1 minute or until tender; remove vegetables with a slotted spoon. Add lentils; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender; drain in a colander. Cool.
- Combine parsnip, carrot, lentils, celery, onions, and parsley in a bowl; stir in vinaigrette. Marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.
Adapted from All Recipes