This Leek Apple Soup is enriched with turmeric and apple for a delightful any-time soup.
Leek Apple Soup
Leek apple soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cleaned and diced leeks (discard tops, dark green)
- 4 sprigs of thyme (leaves minced)
- 1 fennel bulb (cored and chopped)
- 1 medium organic apple (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup walnut halves
- salt + pepper
- 4 cups organic low sodium vegetable stock
- Mix all ingredients, except vegetable stock, in a large soup pan and sautee over medium low heat until leeks and fennel are soft. Add vegetable stock. Bring soup to boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes. All vegetables should be soft. At this point, blend with wand style blender until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve.