These cinnamon apples taste like a cobbler or pie without the crust. I was looking for a recipe for Cinnamon apples and all I could find were recipes for baking the whole apple – not what I wanted. After much searching I finally came across this recipe – I unfortunately cannot remember the site. It can easily be reduced to 2 or 3 apples, just watch it as it cooks. We serve this over ice cream and it is delicious. It can also be used on pancakes, waffles, or all by itself.
- 10 apples (cored, peeled and sliced thinly)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼-1/2 cup Stevia (depending on how sweet you want mixture- remember stevia is much sweeter than sugar so less is more)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place cut and peeled apples in a mixing bowl and gently mix all the ingredients together.
- Put apples in a non-stick pan; cover and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring at least once every 15 minutes.
- Once they are soft, cook for another few minutes to thicken the cinnamon sauce.
- I like to put everything into my baking dish and then mix it since there is less to clean up.
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
Adapted from Food