Each bite tastes just like a slice of pizza, just without all the unwanted guilt that comes with it. Not only are these great after school snacks, but they are even better party appetizers! Customize the toppings with your friends’ and family’s favorite toppings to make a pizza bite that anyone can enjoy. Let us know what variation you like.
Healthy Nibbles Quinoa Pizza Bites
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup shredded light mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons shredded light Parmesan
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Organic marinara sauce (make sure it’s less than 5 g of suger per serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the quinoa, cheeses, eggs, onion, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper and salt and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Scoop a large spoonful of quinoa mixture into the greased muffin cavities, filling all the way to the top. Smoosh the mixture down slightly with the back of the spoon. Top each bite with a few more sprinkles of mozzarella cheese and oregano.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve warm with marinara dipping sauce.
Adapted from She Knows