Grilled Caprese Chicken
Transition this week to a simple “chicken caprese” meal this week. It really couldn’t be simpler. Just saute or grill some chicken breasts, and then top them with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and a (really easy!) balsamic reduction.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (divided)
- 2 chicken breasts (sliced in half width-wise (so they're not so thick))
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh mozzarella (cubed)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves (torn or cut with kitchen shears)
- pepper to taste
- In a wide, shallow bowl, pour 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar. Place chicken breasts in the bowl and stir to coat. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour – 1 hour. After marinating, drain and discard the marinade. Pat chicken dry.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, until it boils. Turn down heat to a simmer and continue to simmer until it reduces by 1/2 (it should be 1/4 cup).
- Heat an indoor grill and spray with cooking spray or oil (Or use an outdoor grill). Season chicken on both sides with pepper to taste. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- To assemble: Place chicken on a plate, top with tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella. Drizzle 1 + teaspoons of balsamic vinegar reduction over the top.
Adapted from Gimmie Some Oven