Sustainable Choice. Choose Pacific white shrimp farmed in fully recirculating systems or inland ponds.
Gazpacho and Garlic Shrimp
- 1 10 oz. container grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced cucumber
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes (drained)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 8 oz. peeled fresh shrimp
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cut 8 of the grape tomatoes into quarters. Combine with 1/4 cup of the cucumber, 1/4 cup of the red bell pepper, and 1/4 cup onion. Mix and set aside to use for garnish.
- Combine remaining tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell pepper with the 2 tablespoons of the oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, 2 of the garlic cloves, and San Marzano tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse until roughly chopped. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Combine the remaining tablespoon of oil, lemon juice, remaining garlic clove (minced), with the shrimp in a medium bowl. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Add the butter to a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring, about 4 minutes or until shrimp is done.
- To serve: Ladle soup into serving bowls. Top with a few tablespoons of the garnish and several shrimp.
Adapted from Cooking Light