Such an explosion of flavour! It was amazing! Anyway. Falafels are actually super easy too! Enjoy!
- 1 cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- olive oil
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until smooth and thoroughly combined. Put the mixture into a bowl and press down with the back of a spoon. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Take small walnut sized spoonfuls (I used a small icecream scoop) of mixture and place them on a hot, well oiled oven tray. Repeat with the for the rest of the mixture. Gently squash each ball of mixture down slightly into a patty shape.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until well browned, flip and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Adapted from Adeline And Lumiere