Double chocolate, moist, sweet, a bit chewy and high in protein. Everything you are looking for in a protein cookie! And don’t throw away brown bananas and going bad avocados just yet…
Double Chocolate Protein Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 large avocado (mashed)
- 2 medium ripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 scoops (60 g vanilla whey or any vegetarian protein powder, naturally sweetened or unsweetened OR 2 scoops of your shake)
- 4 tbsp raw cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a medium bowl mash avocado and bananas with a fork. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, dark chocolate chips, rolled oats and mix with a fork to combine.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper, drop full tablespoon of batter on the sheet flattening a bit with the back of the spoon, repeat until all batter is used. You should end up with 12-14 cookies. Bake for 10 mins. No cooling required. Taste best when warm!
*Replace natural sugar with stevia to assist with weight loss
Storage Instructions: Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week and in the freezer for up to 2 months. To defrost thaw on the counter for 30 mins or defrost in the microwave. Tastes best when warm and fully thawed.
Adapted from I Food Real