This mayo free deconstructed tuna salad is a fresh explosion of flavors.
Deconstructed Tuna Salad
This deconstructed tuna salad delights with lemon and peppers and delivers a grown up alternative to the old mayo based mush.
- 2 bpa free cans natural chunk light tuna in extra virgin olive oil 2 cans natural chunk light tuna in water- plus 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 large or two medium yellow pepper (cleaned and diced)
- 2 large (or 4 small cucumbers, diced)
- 2 Cups cherry tomaotes
- 8 Cups lettuce mix of choice
- Optional 1 seeded and finely diced poblano or jalapeno pepper for spice
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Drain extra virgin olive oil into a bowl and mix with lemon juice. Layer ingredients as shown in photo and drizzle the oil/lemon mixture over the top. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Make extras to take to work, or to have available for quick meal.