Dairy Free Almond Flour Orange Cheesecake
A fantastic cheesecake texture that is free of dairy.
- 2 Medium-Large Organic Oranges (thin skin no seeds otherwise will add bitterness)
- 4 omega rich eggs
- 1/4 cup honey (modified from original recipe)
- 3/4 tsp stevia
- 2 cups almond flour
- small pinch of salt – optional
- Wash your organic oranges and boil them in water for 30 minutes. The skins should be softened until the outer skin softens enough to puncture easily with your hands. Chop the M-L oranges into fourths and blend until pureed. I use a Vita Mix for this, and the oranges become very creamy with this machine.
- Add eggs, honey, almond meal/flour, optional salt and blend until all is smooth and pureed.
- Pour into a round 9″ pie dish and bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until top begins to golden and center is done.
- Cool and refrigerate before serving.
For those of you who have missed Cheesecake for it’s thick, creamy filling, rich and complex flavors, you’ll love this Orange Almond Flour Cheesecake made with simplistic natural ingredients.
Adapted from Laura Schmitt NE