Mushroom love. With garlic, and balsamic and goat cheese. This one is bubbling with flavors and good as a side or an appetizer. Now the recipe… it is really easy and serve it the way it suits you!
Balsamic Roasted Mushroom with Goat Cheese
- 15 – 20 button/or cremini mushrooms
- 10 grape tomatoes (or as many as you want)
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4-5 cloves garlic (about 2 tablespoon, minced)
- crushed red pepper (optional)
- freshly ground black pepper
- coarse sea salt
- fresh/dried herb of your choice (basil goes well)
- 3 ounces reduced fat goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large non reactive bowl, combine the mushrooms and tomatoes with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, herbs, salt, pepper, crushed pepper and garlic.
- Arrange the mushrooms evenly in one layer in a heavy baking dish and bake for 20-30 minutes or until tender. The tomatoes would have wilted and popped and there will be some juice in the pan. Switch off the oven.
- Remove the dish/pan from the oven and top with slices of goat cheese. Put it back in the oven. (the oven should be switched off). The heat of the warm oven will soften the cheese and blend the flavors. Remove after 5 minutes and serve as a side or appetizer.
It is best topped on some good bread or even just by itself or over pasta.
Adapted from eCurry