The slices of squash are quickly boiled, patted dry and tossed with olive oil and sage in a bowl. Then they are baked in the oven for about 20 minutes, so this is a great recipe to prepare if you’re short on time for dinner.
Baked Butternut Squash Chips with Sage
- 1 medium butternut squash (skin removed and sliced into thin slivers)
- 5-6 leaves fresh sage (about 1 tbsp dried, chopped fine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pot, boil the squash slices for 2 minutes and remove from water.
- In a large bowl, pat the squash dry gently with a towel and then toss with olive oil.
- Place the squash on a parchment lined baking tray and top with salt, pepper and sage.
- Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 375F oven, turning once after 10 minutes. Remove from the oven once they start looking browned and a little crispy.