The nutty peppery flavor of arugula was excellent with potatoes. It’s a healthy alternative to a traditional mayo loaded potato salad. I just love how versatile pesto is.
Arugula Pesto Potato Salad
- 5 baking potatoes (scrubbed well. Skin left on.)
- 2 cups arugula
- ⅓ cup pine nuts
- 4 garlic cloves
- ⅓ – ½ cup of olive oil (start with a ⅓ and add more if needed)
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Bring a pot of water with potatoes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until a fork pushed in gives very little resistance.
- * Don’t overcook, potatoes should be intact.
- Drain the water, place potatoes on a plate and let them cool completely. Slice into ¼ inch circles.
- While potatoes are cooling prepare pesto by combining the remaining ingredients in a blender. Blend to form pesto.
- Gently fold pesto into sliced potatoes.
- Serve and enjoy
Adapted from Food Wine Thyme